Re: [exim] Change Bounce Processing Time

Author: Jethro R Binks
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Change Bounce Processing Time
On Tue, 9 Aug 2011, Stevo Devo wrote:

> I have an internal Exim MTA that I use to process internal emails from
> our CRM system.  Currently if an incorrect email address is entered then
> the mail stays in the Exim mail queue for 2 days until it is rejected.
>  I'd like to shorten that time frame down to 2 hours.
>
> I tried to have a read
> of http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.20/doc/html/spec_33.html but I really
> couldn't work out what I needed to change, so I was hoping someone would
> be able to tell me in simple terms what I need to change in the config
> file!

Your first step might be to read the documentation for the version of Exim
that you're actually using. That's for 3.20, which is over a decade old.

Much changed when Exim went to v4.

http://www.exim.org/docs.html

If you are using Exim 3.20, I'd invest your effort in upgrading before
tackling your question, as few people remember much about 3.anything any
more.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.