[exim] Redirect router *only* if sender host is not relay_fr…

Author: Tim Watts
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Redirect router *only* if sender host is not relay_from_hosts
Hi,

Bit stuck with this one - any help most welcomed :)

In a nutshell: can a redirect router check if the [sender SMTP host]
(not [sender domain] ) is NOT in a [local relay hostlist]?

Why?
====

I want to give the kids email accounts - with moderation + sender
address whitelisting.

So I have set up mailman with a list per kid. Each list is moderated,
non member posting allowed and the only "member" is the kid's local
physical account.

This works really well - only job left to do is to block said physical
account from receiving mail from the outside world - or better, redirect
that address to the list address.

eg

"Real" account is fw@???
List and "public" address is fred@???

fw@??? is the only member of "fred" and me+SWMBO are the list
moderators.

So I think I want a second aliases type redirect router that only fires
if the sender host is != (relay hostlist). Mailman is local and will
fall in the scope of the relay hostlist so stuff it sends on to
fw@??? should be handled normally.

Outside mail addressed to fw@??? should be redirected to
fred@???

This does sound exactly like a second aliases redirect router with an
additional check_local_user test - but with the complication of a test
for the SMTP sender host that I cannot see documented in the private or
generic options - and it's not clear to me if a "condition" check could
test this...

I could forget this and just do an ACL that blocks a list of addresses
if sender != +relay_from_hosts, but now I'm curious about the above
approach...

Many thanks :)

Tim

--