[exim] Exim, cPanel & Partial Wildcard Email Addresses

Author: Craig \(Price Spin\)
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim, cPanel & Partial Wildcard Email Addresses
Hi Guys,

I am trying (unsuccessfully) to set-up partial wildcards in email addresses.
I am completely new to exim and, before anyone says "don't use cpanel", that
is not my decision. I have root access to the server and I can edit any file
I want.

Here's what I want to achieve:

I have a mailing-list and all emails are sent from
mailing-list@???. I would like to send email from
bounces, I want it to come back to this email address but I want it to drop
into the mailing-list@??? pot. I have read the manual
over-and-over.

I'm very new to exim and I don't really know where to start. I am making a
backup of the exim.conf file before I make changes and I restart exim after
every change to ensure that the new config is being used.

So, my problem is as simple as this: