Re: [exim] Gmail's new 'suspicious sender' flag

Author: Jan Ingvoldstad
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [exim] Gmail's new 'suspicious sender' flag
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:48, Always Learning <exim@???> wrote:

> Surely the mailing list application should delete subscriptions when
> deliveries bounce for a pre-determined number of occasions ?

No.

The mailing list application might disable the subscription, that is, set it
not to receive further messages, after too many such bounces. Mailman has
options for handling this.

Unfortunately, mailing lists are not necessarily applications.

Assuming that they are will not lead to enlightenment.

While I'm sure we can agree that, in an ideal world, mailing lists should be
intelligent software, handling this deftly and accurately, we as mail
exchange operators _cannot assume_ that this is the case.

In the same ideal world, spam wouldn't happen in the first place.

I'm not fond of new and exciting ways to break Internet mail delivery. :(
--
Jan