Re: [exim] Non-standard Setup of Mail Routing

Author: Tim Pouget
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Non-standard Setup of Mail Routing
Sorry about that. I new to this and trying my best to figure this out
myself. To begin yes this is a setting within cPanel, which I assumed is a
setting for all servers. This is what they lead me to believe when I posted
it within the cPanel Forums. Their suggest was to email exim.org

Here is link on what each is and does.

http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs/MXEntry

As for the server and server(s), truly sorry. Let me try explaining it again
with cPanel meaning my server and Google for Google and their servers.

I have a cPanel Server. This is setup with the Local Mail Exchanger setting.
I require this setting so that cPanel will handle certain local email
accounts for me. I also have cPanel setup with all MX Records pointing to
Google. http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=54717. With the
current settings, everything works perfectly except when cPanel tries to
email an account setup with Google that is not setup on cPanel.

Based on the link above on what a Local Mail Exchanger and Remote Mail
Exchanger does I tried both. I get different results but none that get
everything I require. The Local Mail Exchanger is the setting I left it at
as it handles majority of what I require.

With Local Mail Exchanger Setting Turned On

Test 1: If I have an outside source email me I get the email in my Google
Inbox.

Test 2: If I have an outside source email an account that does not exist
with Google. Then Google routes the email back to cPanel and when it is
found cPanel process the email accordingly.

Test 3: When cPanel locally emails a Google Account setup with them I get an
error. R=virtual_aliases: No Such User Here

Test 4: When cPanel locally emails an account that is setup on cPanel it
works.

If I have this option turned on I required test number 3 to work.

With Remote Mail Exchanger Setting Turned On
Test 1: If I have an outside source email me I get the email in my Google
Inbox.
Test 2: If I have an outside source email an account that does not exist
with Google. The routing back to cPanel does not work as with Remote Mail
setting turned on cPanel no longer manages local emails anymore.
Test 3: When cPanel locally emails an account setup with Google it works as
emails are all handled by Google based on the MX Records being setup for
Google.
Test 4: When cPanel locally emails an account setup within cPanel it does
not work as local emails are turned off.

If I have this option turned on I required test number 2 and 4 to work.

That is my problem, which might be just a cPanel issue. Thanks Tim