Re: [exim] imap vs pop contemplations

Autor: Steinar Bang
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] imap vs pop contemplations

> It might be a "better protocol" (though I can't really see how it is
> that, when you're just using POP functionality),

If you're including leave-on-server, and deleting of articles on the
server into POP functionality, then IMAP is a far better protocol for
POP functionality.

If you always download everything, then I guess it isn't.

> but it requires far more resources on the server side because of its
> added complexity.

What resources are these? Server memory usage? CPU usage? Network
usage? Disk usage?

My dovecot installation's usage of either of the above resources are so
far down on my list of worries, they don't even register.