Re: [exim] main log file - delivery logging

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] main log file - delivery logging
Jim Pazarena wrote:
> My system handles email for many virtual domains.
> As such, final delivery is to a folder which is the
> name of the domain.
>
> such that, for instance, email to *my* domain "paz.bz"
> for this addy (exim), gets delivered to:
> /mail/paz.bz/exim
>
> The logging, however, shows delivery to "exim", and NOT
> paz.bz/exim.
>
> I have duplicate email names on various domains, making
> the logging a little foggy when the domain name is missing
> from the delivery record. The log DOES show the complete
> original email address, which at times has no correlation
> to the final domain which receives the delivery.
>
> Is there a way to coax the logging to also show the folder
> path to the name, or just that final folder (which is the
> domain, and all I really need)?
>

> Thanks.

Have a look at 'log_selector'. There is a table in the docs of what it
can do.

Or just set 'log_selector = +all' in ~/configure, restart, and see if
'all you really need' is good enough.

Don't forget to trim the settings back, as +all can build some really
huge logs.

I have a similar, perhaps MORE complex situation, (includes mirrored
servers) wherein the mounts, paths, and destination folders are all SQL
DB resident.

But I rely on a look into that DB to show me where they have, or will,
be stored - just as Exim does.

HTH,

Bill