Re: [exim] auto-reply with exceptions from SQL lookup

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] auto-reply with exceptions from SQL lookup
Veres Imre wrote:
> On Mon, 9 May 2011 20:02:26 +0200
> Veres Imre<six@???> wrote:
>
> Hello Todd,
>
>> I'd like to catch those addresses after the condition, with "senders":
>>
>> senders = !${lookup mysql{select vn.address from users u,domains d,noautoreply vn \
>>              where u.localpart = '${quote_mysql:$local_part}' \
>>              and d.domain = '${quote_mysql:$domain}' \
>>              and u.domain_id=d.domain_id \
>>              and vn.user_id = u.user_id}{$value}}

>> (If the user set any addresses to the noautoreply table, I don't want to deliver autoreply to these.)
>> The problem must be here, during the expansion of mysql query. I'd like to create this expansion in that way the
>> empty list should work as well as a populated list.
>
> Let's simplify the problem to this: I'd like to populate an addressgroup from SQL during the transport. Is it possible?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Imre

Yes. Maybe.

SQL INSERT or UPDATE can be called as easily as SELECT, and all of them
from essentially ANYWHERE in an Exim ~/configure.

The 'maybe' is not SQL limited. Simply that not all of the data Exim
'knows about' or uses internally is equally exposed / available for easy
copy at all points in time.

You might have to save a few things beforehand in acl_m variables or
X-headers.

Polite to do a 'headers_remove' on custom X-headers, if any, when done
with them.

HTH,

Bill