Re: [exim] SMTP Multiple Recipients?

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Graeme Fowler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP Multiple Recipients?
On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 6:26 AM, Graeme Fowler <graeme@???> wrote:

> We've had that in the RCPT ACL in our config for some time, like this:
>
>    warn condition   = ${if eq{$h_--CUSTOM_HEADER--:}{}}
>         condition   = ${if !match{$smtp_command}\
>                                  {\N^(?i)rcpt to:<[^ >]+>$\N}\
>                        }
>         message     = --CUSTOM_HEADER--: $smtp_command
>         log_message = --CUSTOM_HEADER--: $smtp_command
>
> Obviously --CUSTOM_HEADER-- isn't really what's in the config.

I had to look it up in the spec because I wasn't sure what it was
doing (doesn't obviously add a header) and found this:

"For compatibility with previous versions of Exim, a message modifier
for a warn verb acts in the same way as add_header, ... This usage of
message is now deprecated."

I'm now adding almost the same thing as you have though I'm explicitly
using "add_header" instead of relying on the deprecated function of
"message".

Interesting. One of the things that I'm seeing in my initial testing
is at least one customer that is using smtp auth is tripping this as
well. I will put a query out to see what MUA they are using, and at
the same time, make sure their machine is not bot'ed.

This is turning out to be an informative thread for me :-) Thanks
Graeme and Claus!

--
Regards...      Todd
"It is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but