Re: [exim] SMTP Multiple Recipients?

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP Multiple Recipients?
On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 05:54 -0700, Todd Lyons wrote:
> Thanks for that correction! I thought I was intimately familiar with
> 5321 and 5322, but I had overlooked that space requirement.

We've had that in the RCPT ACL in our config for some time, like this:

    warn condition   = ${if eq{$h_--CUSTOM_HEADER--:}{}}
         condition   = ${if !match{$smtp_command}\
                                  {\N^(?i)rcpt to:<[^ >]+>$\N}\
                        }
         message     = --CUSTOM_HEADER--: $smtp_command
         log_message = --CUSTOM_HEADER--: $smtp_command

Obviously --CUSTOM_HEADER-- isn't really what's in the config.

When the message is passed to SpamAssassin, we score on the existence of
that header so it adds to the likelihood of being marked as spam.

We've dealt with a few instances - mainly, so far as I recall, Java MTA
code - which have either ended up being whitelisted or have actually
changed their code to be syntactically correct.

Graeme