Re: [exim] A cry for help - are there any plusnet admins out…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] A cry for help - are there any plusnet admins out there ?
On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 14:50 +0000, Dave Restall - System
Administrator,,, wrote:
> I use exim to receive and process my emails - have done for years.
> I also use sender callouts - have done for years. Occasionally emails
> get rejected because they are sent from non-existent addresses and sender
> callouts don't like that.

All things considered, your email is the perfect demonstration of why
arbitrary uncontrolled SMTP callout verification to systems not under
your control is a bad idea.

If you're feeling particularly brave (because your question isn't really
Exim related, directly) you should subscribe to the mailop@???
list and see whether or not anyone answers with a solution other than
those suggested by the Plusnet support team. You never know, someone
from inside Plusnet might be subscribed... bravery because the very
mention of arbitrary callout verification is likely to get a
non-positive response!

Graeme