Re: [exim] Discard bounce notification emails before they ar…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: David Woodhouse
To: luda posch
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Discard bounce notification emails before they are sent
On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 18:56 -0500, luda posch wrote:

> I am currently logging bounces to a database, so there is absolutely no use
> for my server to try to send a bounce notifications. As a matter of fact,
> there is very good reason for my server to never send a bounce notification.

ditchbounces:
driver = redirect
senders = :
data = :blackhole:

But you may well be receiving bounces from *elsewhere* to the
reverse-path of the messages that you're sending. And if that's an
invalid address, then certain recipients will be rejecting the mail on
that basis anyway. So don't you (or at least the purported sender
address of the emails you're handling) have to cope with bounces
*anyway*?

David.Woodhouse@???                              Intel Corporation