Re: [exim] Discard bounce notification emails before they ar…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Nuovi argomenti: Re: [exim] Discard bounce notification emails before they are sent - some update
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Discard bounce notification emails before they are sent
On Sat, 2011-02-26 at 14:25 +0200, Mikhail Lischuk wrote:
> for example, I have to
> accept messages to aliases, which resolve to 3-5 internal mailboxes, and
> if one of them is over quota Exim will generate bounce. Should I reject
> the message just because of one undeliverable recipient?

No, but you should tune your retry rules to deal with over-quota
mailboxes. Quota problems are, in my experience, usually dealt with by a
human being in a reasonable time; you can probably afford to keep a
given message on the queue for (say) 30 days before timing out and
generating an NDR.

Graeme