Re: [exim] Discard bounce notification emails before they ar…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Mikhail Lischuk
To: exim-users
Vecchi argomenti: Re: [exim] Discard bounce notification emails before they are sent
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Discard bounce notification emails before they are sent - some update

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 15:48:40 +0000, Graeme Fowler wrote:

> No,

but you should tune your retry rules to deal with over-quota mailboxes.
Quota problems are, in my experience, usually dealt with by a human
being in a reasonable time; you can probably afford to keep a given
message on the queue for (say) 30 days before timing out and generating
an NDR. Graeme

Just tried what you suggested. I've set retry rules for
10 days as a start. It took 7 days for my spool dir to hit 70Gb and my
server become out of free space on /var (yeah its storage is not very
big). I guess I'd better get bounce errors once in 72h then being out of
disk space...

So I would not recommend setting long retry period if
you have problems similar to mine, unless you have enough disk space.

--
With Best Regards
Mikhail Lischuk [1]

ITX