Re: [exim] callback on data acl checks?

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] callback on data acl checks?
Marco Gaiarin <marcogaio@???> (Mon Feb 28 22:10:24 2011):

> I've some ''border'' exim installations with the ''lightweight'' debian
> version, that simply receive messages and route them, using callout, to
> the internal smtp servers (''heavy'' debian version).
> I use in these gateway rbl+SA (sa-exim), and on internal gateway
> clamav.
>
> Recently i've loaded on clamav the ''sanesecurity'' signatures, and
> clearly clamav start to stop some more spam/phishing/... but with this
> setup, the internal server bounce the email.
>
> I use callout to check recipient, so... there's a way to ''callout''
> the data part, so that the email get rejected by the border server and
> not bunced by the internal one?

Currently not. But it would be nice to have such kind of "delayed"
response to the final dot, depending on the internal delivery. But I'm
not sure if this fits into Exims processing model.

Graeme's hint (using some header to mark the message as clean) combined
with scanning on reception on every border server, is what we do. Of course, take
care not to be trapped with fake headers, stating something about the
clean state…

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMANN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B