Re: [exim] Rejecting messages with no "To:" or "Cc:" field i…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Always Learning
To: exim users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Rejecting messages with no "To:" or "Cc:" field intheheaders

On Mon, 2011-02-28 at 18:28 -0800, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

> In fact, Section 4.1.4 of RFC2821 and of RFC5321 specifically disallow
> filtering based on a reverse DNS mismatch of the HELO/EHLO parameter.

In fact, no match = no emails accepted.

If a sender can't be bothered to get the HELO / EHLO name right and
therefore uses a bogus or non-existent name thereby emulating the
behaviour of many spammers, why should we be 'bothered' to lower our
security and accept emails from a site which can not be bothered to
properly announce its authentic identity ?

Laziness and/or sloppiness is indicative of a 'could not be bothered'
attitude to security generally.

Definitely don't want emails from any potentially dodgy sites.

We also refuse emails lacking these headers: To, From, Date and Subject
although they can be blank. Plus, of course, no Message-ID:

Still 100% spam free since 1 June 2010.

--

With best regards,

Paul.