Re: [exim] connection parameters

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] connection parameters
Hi,

Heiko Schlittermann <hs@???> (Tue Mar 1 15:31:40 2011):
> M.Lottmann <Margrit.Lottmann@???> (Tue Mar 1 14:52:16 2011):

(…)
> > Can this option resolve our problems ??? How I can use the
> >    $sender_host value to expand this option
> > ???

> It depends… If you can configure your internal MTA to use more parallel
> connections instead of sending everything down the same connection,
> you'll end hitting these smtp_accept_max_* limits.
>
> Unfortunely none of these options is expandable and thus you can't use
> the $sender_host_address to obtain some value. The only expandable
> option is smtp_reserve_hosts. Here you could put your internal MTA in
> the smtp_reservce_hosts to achive the desired external/internal limits.
>
> OTOH I do not see any reason, why smtp_accept_queue_max should not be
> made expandable. The only reason could be, that this config setting gets
> evaluated sooner than Exim knows something about the sending host.

How brave would you be testing a modified version of 4.74? No - I'm just
asking in advance, didn't do anything to make the
smtp_accept_queue_per_connection expandable until now. I didn't even
check the source to see how much effort we'd need.

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMANN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B