[exim] connection parameters

Inizio della pagina
Autore: M.Lottmann
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [exim] connection parameters
We have a serious problem:
Following settings are specified in our configure file

smtp_accept_reserve = 20

smtp_accept_max = 200

smt_accept_queue is not specified

remote_max_parallel = 10

Our greatest internal MTA which is using our exim gaetway
as relay ...to check against viruses/SPAM,...
is collecting messages and sends them in time intervals
of    1min ....
If there are too much messages in 1 connection, mails will
be queued with information (...exim_mainlog)

no immediate delivery: more than 10 messages received in one connection

The "10" has no connection to the remote_max_parallel parameter
(we had a n attempt with "50" to this parameter...the same message)
but where is the special "10".
Is it >>> smtp_accept_queue_per_connection (default 10)

With other words...I think ...it's good, that connections from
     external
will be restricted with such controling...

But is there a possibility to configure...that the "10"
will be used if connections come from external ...but higher
or without limit if connections com from
special internal hosts...

Has anybody alread used
   smtp_accept_max_per_host
???
Can this option resolve our problems ??? How I can use the
    $sender_host value to expand this option
???
--

MfG Margrit Lottmann

Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg
Abt. Kommunikation und Netze

Tel.: 0391 67 58572 Fax: 0391 67 11134