Re: [exim] connection parameters

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] connection parameters
Hello,

M.Lottmann <Margrit.Lottmann@???> (Tue Mar 1 14:52:16 2011):
(slightly reformatted by me)
> We have a serious problem:
> Following settings are specified in our configure file
> >>>
> smtp_accept_reserve = 20
> smtp_accept_max = 200
> smt_accept_queue is not specified
> remote_max_parallel = 10
>
> Our greatest internal MTA which is using our exim gaetway
> as relay ...to check against viruses/SPAM,...
> is collecting messages and sends them in time intervals
> of    1min ....
> If there are too much messages in 1 connection, mails will
> be queued with information (...exim_mainlog)

> no immediate delivery: more than 10 messages received in one connection
>

> The "10" has no connection to the remote_max_parallel parameter
> (we had a n attempt with "50" to this parameter...the same message)
> but where is the special "10".
> Is it >>> smtp_accept_queue_per_connection (default 10)
>

> With other words...I think ...it's good, that connections from
> external will be restricted with such controling...
>
> But is there a possibility to configure...that the "10"
> will be used if connections come from external ...but higher
> or without limit if connections com from
> special internal hosts...
>
> Has anybody alread used
>   smtp_accept_max_per_host
> ???
> Can this option resolve our problems ??? How I can use the
>    $sender_host value to expand this option
> ???

It depends… If you can configure your internal MTA to use more parallel
connections instead of sending everything down the same connection,
you'll end hitting these smtp_accept_max_* limits.

Unfortunely none of these options is expandable and thus you can't use
the $sender_host_address to obtain some value. The only expandable
option is smtp_reserve_hosts. Here you could put your internal MTA in
the smtp_reservce_hosts to achive the desired external/internal limits.

OTOH I do not see any reason, why smtp_accept_queue_max should not be
made expandable. The only reason could be, that this config setting gets
evaluated sooner than Exim knows something about the sending host.

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMANN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B