[exim] connection parameters

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Margrit Lottmann
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [exim] connection parameters
We have a serious problem:
Following settings are specified in our configure file

smtp_accept_reserve = 20

smtp_accept_max = 200

smt_accept_queue is not specified

remote_max_parallel = 10

Our greatest internal MTA which is using our exim gaetway
as relay ...to check against viruses/SPAM,...
is collecting messages and sends them in time intervals
of    1min ....
If there are too much messages in 1 connection, mails will
be queued with information (...exim_mainlog)

no immediate delivery: more than 10 messages received in one connection

The "10" has no connection to the remote_max_parallel parameter
(we had a n attempt with "50" to this parameter...the same message)
but where is the special "10".

With other words...I think ...it's good, that connections from
     external
will be restricted with such controling...

But is there a possibility to configure...that the "10"
will be used if connections come from external ...but higher
or without limit if connections com from
special internal hosts...

Has anybody alread used
   smtp_accept_max_per_host
???
Can this option resolve our problems ??? How I can use the
    $sender_host value to expand this option
???

--

MfG Margrit Lottmann

Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg
Abt. Kommunikation und Netze

Tel.: 0391 67 58572 Fax: 0391 67 11134