Re: [exim] Incoming email to local users gets bounced, remo…

Góra strony
Autor: S Pratap Singh
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Incoming email to local users gets bounced, remote relay not permitted
Hello ,

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 6:23 AM, luda posch <ludaludaluda@???> wrote:

> Hello, I am running Exim 4.69.
>
> Recently, cpanel decided to nuke my exim.conf, luckily I had a backup.
> ...but unfortunately restoring the backup introduced a strange new problem.
>
> We have some addresses on our server that are piped to perl scripts,
> yahoo_fbl@??? for instance. I had tested the configuration
> extensively before hand and it worked. Now, I sent a test email to
> yahoo_fbl@??? and I get this response:
>
> Technical details of permanent failure:
> Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient
> domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further
> information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server
> returned was: 550 550-mail-vx0-f171.google.com [209.85.220.171]:47030 is
> currently not permitted
> 550-to relay through this server. Perhaps you have not logged into the
> pop/imap
> 550-server in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication turned
> on
> 550 in your email client. (state 14).

550 error means account does not exist or your authentication method is
incorrect.

If you have created the account then check for the exim authentication. Also
if you are getting these errors while using email client then turn on the
smtp authentication in that.

Check the MX record of the domain using dig and in whm and in named file too

If everything is same then just change the serial number in named db file
and reload rndc.

and synchronize dns from WHM for that domain only

Check the domain entry in local domains if you are hosting the mails for the
domain too.

Provide the exim conf here so that we can check it too.

also you can try following You need to disable the entries below from
/etc/exim.conf. It

basically does a reverse lookup on the IP and if the IP has no reverse PTR
or

if the reverse PTR set doesnt match the hostname used , the mail gets

rejected.

# require verify = reverse_host_lookup

# message = your mail server IP address ($sender_host_address) has no

reverse DNS PTR hostname

And restarted exim.

--
Regards,