[exim] Incoming email to local users gets bounced, remote re…

Góra strony
Autor: luda posch
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [exim] Incoming email to local users gets bounced, remote relay not permitted
Hello, I am running Exim 4.69.

Recently, cpanel decided to nuke my exim.conf, luckily I had a backup.
...but unfortunately restoring the backup introduced a strange new problem.

We have some addresses on our server that are piped to perl scripts,
yahoo_fbl@??? for instance. I had tested the configuration
extensively before hand and it worked. Now, I sent a test email to
yahoo_fbl@??? and I get this response:

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient
domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further
information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server
returned was: 550 550-mail-vx0-f171.google.com [209.85.220.171]:47030 is
currently not permitted
550-to relay through this server. Perhaps you have not logged into the
pop/imap
550-server in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication turned
on
550 in your email client. (state 14).

However, the accept domains line of the config has always read "127.0.0.1".
Regardless of this, if I understand correctly, this shouldn't even be
considered a relay.

Assuming someone at the office didn't accidentally botch up the dns
settings, what could be causing this new problem?

Thank you