Re: [exim] Insults in support forum does Exim a disservice

Author: Dave Lugo
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Insults in support forum does Exim a disservice
On Tue, 1 Feb 2011, Marc Perkel wrote:

> People in this forum need to grow up and stop acting like infants. And
> I'm not talking about the fringe, I'm talking about people who are
> supposed to be core supporters/developers of Exim.

Er, pot, kettle, black.

> The last 2 version of Exim (I skipped 4.73) introduced new policies that
> broke installation that have worked fine for the last 10 years. But when
> someone asks a question about it - you all get extraordinarily insulting.

Perhaps you should examine your attitude towards the
exim maintainers and community over the past several
years. It might be informative to you.

> In doing so you don't hurt me - you hurt Exim because it make you all
> look like angry people with so little emotional control that you can't
> function in normal society. If doing support were a real job many of you
> wouldn't last a day.

Again: Pot, kettle, black.

--snip the rest--

Why don't you just fork exim and maintain your own
version?

And I should add:

THANK YOU to the exim development team and maintainers.

You produce a great product, provide great (free, even!)
support, and I am very grateful for all that you do.

  Dave Lugo     dlugo@???      No spam, thanks.
  Are you the police?  . . .  No ma'am, we're sysadmins.