[exim] Help needed with router configuration

Author: Mike Clarke
To: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [exim] Help needed with router configuration [SOLVED]
Subject: [exim] Help needed with router configuration

I'm running a small home network. Incoming mail is collected from POP3
servers by fetchmail and then passed to exim for local delivery. Exim
also handles the routing of outgoing mail via a smarthost.

Despite my limited skills with exim configuration this has been working
well for several years but I've now encountered a problem with routing
mail arriving from a new mailman list which I administer on an remote
host.

The relevant router section in my exim configure file is:

mailman:
driver = redirect
domains = example.com
local_parts = admin : ^.*-owner
data = mike

The list isn't available to the public so I've changed the domain name
shown here.

Incoming emails to me as either admin@??? or
list-owner@??? are routed to me as user mike and outgoing
emails to list@??? are ignored by the above section and get
caught further down by the smart_route section and sent to my ISP's
mail server.

This works fine except that messages arriving from the list have headers
like this:

To: Mike Clarke <admin@???>
Cc: Members <list@???>

In addition to routing the message locally to me. exim is also
attempting to relay the message back to the list using the address in
the Cc header. The message is subsequently rejected by the list server
when it detects that it is looping.

Could someone advise me about the best way to configure exim to ignore
list@??? when it appears in a Cc header?

Alternatively is there a way I can identify emails which have been
processed by by fetchmail on my local PC and stop them from being
routed back to the smarthost?

--
Mike Clarke