Re: [exim] Per RCPT DATA reply

Author: Claus Assmann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Per RCPT DATA reply
On Fri, Jan 21, 2011, W B Hacker wrote:

[please don't Cc me, I'm subscribed, and the address is currently
not accepting mail from anywhere else because it got on some spammer
lists :-( ]

> ELSE discussing it to death - than care about JF having SOME form - ANY form -
> of it. The minute there is a hint of movement, they show up and pile on to
> prevent....

Hmm, isn't it sufficient to have two independent MTAs that implement
the feature to publish this as RFC? Seems I don't know enough about
that process.

> After all - the majority of smtp traffic is on GPL'ed MTA written in C ..and

It is? postfix, qmail, and sendmail are not under GPL. But that's
not really relevant here anwyay.

> Don't hold your breath while waiting...

I don't need too, I already implemented it in one MTA, and if I
had the time, I could put it into another "main stream" MTA.