[exim] queue runner on OS X

Author: Seth Dillingham
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] queue runner on OS X
I had an exim server running for years without trouble (I thought), and only
discovered with the hardware finally failed that there were thousands of
messages sitting in its queue. We had spent a lot of time setting this
server up, and yet somehow never came across anything telling us that the
queue would just sit there, unprocessed, if a queue runner wasn't explicitly
configured.

The hardware failure was a good reason (excuse) to start over from scratch.
Some answers on this list helped us get the new server up and running
smoothly...

Except there is still no queue runner. (At least I knew about the problem
this time, so I've been running it manually every day.)

I've looked for guides to setting up a queue runner, but I don't see one.

Is it as simple as having a script run by cron (or in my case on OS X
Server, by launchd) that simply does `exim -q` ? Or should it run one of the
exipick variations I've seen?

I guess I'm just looking for some general guidance for setting up a queue
runner. Kinda tired of running it manually. :-)

Thanks,

Seth