Re: [exim] queue runner on OS X

Author: Seth Dillingham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] queue runner on OS X
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Graeme Fowler <graeme@???> wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 16:00 -0500, Seth Dillingham wrote:
> > I've looked for guides to setting up a queue runner, but I don't see one.
>
> Change the startup options. Default on CentOS and many other RedHat
> derived systems is "-bd -q1h"; on the Ubuntu box I'm typing this on it's
> "-bd -q30m".

My server is run with -bd only, at the moment. I didn't realize I could run
it with -q<time> ALSO, in a single call.

That may be the solution I need, right there.

Could I do something like "-bd -q1h -qff1d" ? Or can only one queue flag be
specified at a time?

> At work we run "-bd -q5m", and in a previous config we ran it with "-bd
> -q1m" on one set of machines which punted mail older than 5 minutes to a
> "slow lane" server which ran "-bd -q2h".

That sounds great, but I only have the one physical server to play with
right now. (Out of curiosity, what was the method for punting a message to a
secondary server?)

> The world is your oyster. Would you like fries with it?

Nah, just some Tobasco, thanks.

Seth