Re: [exim] Calling Cisco PIX & Exim users

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Daryl Richards
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Calling Cisco PIX & Exim users
On 2011-01-17 at 07:16 -0500, Daryl Richards wrote:
> I have both a PIX and ASA I can test through. What is the specific
> problem, so I can test before and after?

Cisco PIX SMTP Fixup, in some versions not specified to us, managing to
lose track of the final dot and not let through the connection, leading
to stalled SMTP.

I don't recall the details more than that and can't find the reference.
I added a wishlist item for this feature to my notes on 2008-11-18.
Clearly a priority. ;) I had the impression this was an ongoing issue
for PIX users and remembered the issue cropping up repeatedly, but the
fact that I'm having difficulty finding references suggests that I'm
losing my marbles.

If you're not experiencing these problems with your PIX, don't worry
about it. We're better off not having to jump through these hoops so I
don't want to merge the change unless someone comes forward and says
both that they need the patch and it works for them.

-Phil