Re: [exim-dev] Remote root vulnerability in Exim

Author: W B Hacker
To: Ted Cooper
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Remote root vulnerability in Exim
Ted Cooper wrote:
> On 11/12/10 01:35, W B Hacker wrote:
>> Perhaps 'the work' should be on private channels for a time - if not so
>> already..
>
> It has been on the exim-maintenance list from which a few emails have
> leaked out of. It's looking like good news for those who keep their
> versions up to date.

Just parsed the latest digest.

Looks like a good job was already in work, latest ripple has been stitched up
for now, Exim will be better yet in due course..

Gratifying to see how swiftly, how well, and how effectively
folks piled on, assessed threat and choices, did - or pointed out - the necessaries.

'Many *skilled* hands make light work'

I can live with 4.69 'til back (RSN) on the same continent as the servers.

Kudos all around!

Bill Hacker