Re: [exim] allow return-path header, thought local SMTP

Top Pagina
Auteur: Olivier B.
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] allow return-path header, thought local SMTP
Le 30/09/2010 21:07, Jeremy Harris a écrit :
> On 09/30/2010 10:41 AM, Olivier Bonvalet wrote:
>> I haven't got any "return_path_add" in my "remote_smtp" transport.
>> And I tried to set "return_path_remove = false", without success.
> A quick search on "return_path" in the docs yields
>
>     RFC 2821 states that the Return-path: header is added to a
>     message “when the delivery SMTP server makes the final delivery”.
>     This implies that this header should not be present in incoming messages.

> plus additional information. Have you thought thoroughly on the
> consequences of violating this?
>
> Cheers,
>       Jeremy

Ok thanks. This was working thought the "/usr/sbin/sendmail" wrapper, so I was supposing it can work thought the local smtp too.

What I would like is to use a different address for "bounces" and "real" replies. Is it possible with the local SMTP connection ?
Should I use only "From:" and "Reply-To:" headers ?

Olivier