Re: [exim] allow return-path header, thought local SMTP

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dave Evans
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] allow return-path header, thought local SMTP
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:09:11PM +0200, Olivier B. wrote:
> What I would like is to use a different address for "bounces" and "real"
> replies. Is it possible with the local SMTP connection ? Should I use only
> "From:" and "Reply-To:" headers ?

Bounces go to the SMTP envelope sender address (smtp: MAIL FROM; non-smtp:
"-f" option, but you'll need to be a "trusted user" to set it); replies go to
the Reply-To or From address. It's perfectly allowable for these addresses
not to be the same.

See RFC 2821 (MAIL FROM) and RFC 2822 (From, Reply-To) for more details.

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/