Re: [exim] Don't split syslog lines

Author: Yves Goergen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Don't split syslog lines
On 26.09.2010 22:57 CE(S)T, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> I'd really think about using syslog for logging purpose on a mailserver.
> As a mail service should be focused on security in any sense, I would
> not rely on syslog for logging.

Isn't rsyslog ("reliable syslog") better than other syslog
implementations in this regard?

I need to monitor whether the server is running out of disk space
anyway, so only the reliability of logging is left to discuss. rsyslog
even has a disk spool capability in case the database should be offline
- but in that case my Exim won't do anything anyway.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@???>