[exim] Don't split syslog lines

Author: Yves Goergen
To: exim
Subject: [exim] Don't split syslog lines
Hello,

I've read the Exim documentation about log files and it says that
messages from the reject log will always be split into separate syslog
calls for each line of the message. There doesn't seem to be a
configuration option to turn that behaviour off.

Is there any chance that there will be an option to do just that and
keep messages as one when writing to the syslog?

I'm using rsyslog on Ubuntu and I can adjust the maximum message size to
as much as 32 KiB if I like. Average reject log entries with all headers
seem to be no larger than 4 KiB though. I'm passing on all syslog
messages to a database and I'd like to do some analysis and reporting
over those messages so it would be much easier to handle them if they
were in one piece.

Or does Exim support logging directly to a database like it can
authenticate against one? A more structured log would be nice of course
as it would save me from parsing all that stuff... :-)

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@???>