Re: [exim] address lookups stripping off plus-addresses

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Jakob Hirsch
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] address lookups stripping off plus-addresses
Eric A. Hall, 2010-07-24 17:40:

> I guess what I would like is to preserve the suffixes that were received
> for each address, and then append them to the final recipient addresses at
> transport time.

As I wrote, if you want to keep the suffix, don't use the redirect router.

> Right now I have four redirect routers for local domains, which are
> /etc/aliases, LDAP aliases, LDAP groups, and finally LDAP users as the
> ultimate recipient addresses. These currently redirect the messages to
> generic file, generic pipe, or Cyrus LMTP, but I will add more transport
> mechanisms later.

As long as you don't want something like "root+suffix@???"
(with "root: someuser" in your /etc/aliases) to be delivered to
"someuser+suffix", it should be straight forward:
- use redirect for stuff like /etc/aliases
- use accept when you have the final address.

If you really need root+suffix, you could try "adress_data =
$local_part_suffix" in the redirect router, but take care, as subsequent
routers with this option may overwrite that (you'd need some fiddling to
handle this).

> I've tried setting the rcpt_include_affixes option on the Cyrus LMTP
> transport definition but it doesn't seem to do anything, presumably
> because the original address has been replaced during routing.

It should work with the accept router. You need to set
rcpt_include_affixes in the transport, too.