Re: [exim] address lookups stripping off plus-addresses

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Eric A. Hall
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] address lookups stripping off plus-addresses

On 7/23/2010 4:40 AM, Jakob Hirsch wrote:
> Eric A. Hall, 2010-07-22 16:29:
>
>> I'm poking around at plus-addressing with exim+cyrus and it's not working
>> right. After some time I figured out that the extended address was not
>> being used for the envelope recipient. With --debug +all it seems that
>> that the recipient address is being rewritten by the redirect router.
>
> A router does no rewriting, only routing. The redirect router changes
> the recipient and starts a new new routing cycle, but that is not rewriting.

Okay thanks.

I guess what I would like is to preserve the suffixes that were received
for each address, and then append them to the final recipient addresses at
transport time.

Right now I have four redirect routers for local domains, which are
/etc/aliases, LDAP aliases, LDAP groups, and finally LDAP users as the
ultimate recipient addresses. These currently redirect the messages to
generic file, generic pipe, or Cyrus LMTP, but I will add more transport
mechanisms later.

I've tried setting the rcpt_include_affixes option on the Cyrus LMTP
transport definition but it doesn't seem to do anything, presumably
because the original address has been replaced during routing.

Thanks

--
Eric A. Hall                                  http://www.eric-a-hall.com/
Network Technology Research Group                    http://www.ntrg.com/