Re: [exim] Exim4 configuration problems

Inizio della pagina
Autore: David Woodhouse
To: exim-users
CC: Face
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Exim4 configuration problems
On Mon, 2010-07-05 at 14:40 -0700, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2010-07-05 at 09:41 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > Um, you missed out:
> >
> >  * As a paying customer, contact your ISP and complain. If they actually
> >    responded to abuse reports properly, then they wouldn't have such a
> >    poor reputation and you wouldn't be tarred with the same brush as
> >    your 'neighbours'. Their failure to respond to abuse reports has
> >    directly resulted in a degradation of the service you're paying for.

> True. But I figure that a large chunk of it is language issues.

Surely the ability to deal with abuse reports is an absolute requirement
for a decent ISP?

Yes, not everyone speaks English. There are a _lot_ of jobs at an ISP
which require skills that not everyone has. You don't just drag random
nutters in off the street and give them a job; there's some kind of
selection process (unless you're BT).

And you don't need _much_ English, surely? The most interesting part of
an abuse report is the forwarded mail itself, surely? Although I suppose
all the headers you're trying to read will be in English...

--
dwmw2