Re: [exim] How to check to see if email went through gateway…

Author: Frank DeChellis
To: Always Learning, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to check to see if email went through gateway first

On 10-04-10 5:30 AM, "Always Learning" <exim.users@???> wrote:

> Frank DeChellis wrote on Fri, 09 Apr 2010 23:52:06 -0400.
>

>> ......... The filter
>> works great, but lots of mail is still getting sent directly to our SMTP
>> server. I can say, with great certainty, that 100.1% of the email going
>> directly to our SMTP is spam.
>
> May I suggest you immediately change the IP address of your mail servers
> - primary and secondary ? It is a quick DNS change and a quick
> configuration change to your (*nix?) operating system settings. You can
> decide whether to retain or change the original MX host names.
> Personally I would change the MX host names to reflect the (slightly)
> different IP addresses.
>
> Legitimate emails will use the new MX addresses and the spammers will
> continue to use the previous stored MX address which becomes absolutely
> worthless to the mindless brain-dead morons.
>

> Paul
> England, EU.

You answer makes the most sense, but it is a logistical night mare for a lot
of other things going on.

I guess what I need is a check to say "if the mail did not come to this
domain via this gateway filter, bounce it to that filter"

Is that possible?

Frank DeChellis
President, Internet Access Worldwide
Welland, Ontario, Canada