Re: [exim] SQL select for $spam_score_int in acl_smtp_data f…

Author: Christian Balzer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SQL select for $spam_score_int in acl_smtp_data for $domain

Hello,

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 09:38:08 +0000 Jeremy Harris wrote:

> Yes, but with some complexity. Use a $acl_m_<foobar> variable.
> If it's undefined, as it will be for the first RCPT, fill in the
> ${lookup } result. If set, and the value differs from the ${lookup }
> result, temp-reject the RCPT. This accounts for the multi-rcpt mail
> case to two different domains by making it the sender's responsibility to
> retry. Note he may immediately try your backup MX; ensure the
> same setup it running there.

Or the sender might not retry for whatever time they have configured for
these things. Or this mail has a multitude of recipients (domains in your
case) and at each (retry) time only one of them gets delivered.
Resulting in very noticeable delivery delays which your customers and/or
the senders will likely complain about.
Until we get a RFC approved mechanism to reject mails on a per recipient
basis AFTER the SMTP DATA phase there are no really "good" solutions to
this problem unfortunately.

Technically perfectly fine and valid answer by Jeremy, it's just a pet
peeve of mine and thus me piping up. ^^

Dewa,

Chibi
chibi@???       Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications