Re: [exim] quota excedeed

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: bisdiouf
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] quota excedeed

--On 2 March 2010 11:56:52 +0000 bisdiouf@??? wrote:

> hello,
> my transport configuration
>
> dovecot_virtual_delivery:
> driver = pipe
> command = /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $local_part
> message_prefix =
> message_suffix =
> delivery_date_add
> envelope_to_add
> return_path_add
> log_output
> user = vmail

Thanks.

First you need to make sure you have the Dovecot quote plugins installed
and configured. <http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota>

Then, you need to use "-e" and temp_errors when delivering, as in the last
example at <http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Exim>. "-e" will return an error
when delivering to an over quota mailbox. temp_errors will tell Exim when
the error should be regarded as temporary.

When this is done, Exim will be unable to deliver messages to over-quota
mailboxes. It will retry in accordance with your retry rules, and send
notifications to the sender. It won't email the recipient, since the
recipient can't receive emails.

There's a dovecot plug-in to enable IMAP notifications when over quota. If
your users aren't using IMAP, then you will need to arrange that they are
emailed when their mailbox gets to, say 90% of quota. For that, I think,
you'll need a cron job to find the mailbox sizes. I don't know how you'd do
that, because I don't know how dovecot stores its email. In the worst case,
you'd need to use an IMAP query.