Re: [exim] quota excedeed

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: bisdiouf
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] quota excedeed

--On 2 March 2010 08:45:44 +0000 bisdiouf@??? wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm using exim with dovecot and ldap. I've define the user quota in ldap
> attributes and at this moment I've customers who receive mail and yet the
> quota is over.

Then "quota" on dovecot must mean something different than I understand.
How is it possible to deliver email to dovecot if the user is over quota?
What happens to a user who is over quota on dovecot?

My understanding is that a quota is the limit beyond which email will not
be delivered to an account.

> Can you explain me how you have configure your exim and I'll compare the
> configuration.

My system is Exim with Cyrus-IMAP. Delivery to the mailstore is via LMTP.
Cyrus simply refuses the email with a 4xx when I attempt to deliver it.
There's nothing in the Exim configuration that does anything special at
all. In fact the string "quota" does not appear in my config file.

When we delivered direct to mailboxes for Washington IMAP, quotas were
enforced in Exim. I think they were set in transport options.

What type of transport are you using for delivery to dovecot?