Re: [exim] quota excedeed

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: bisdiouf, Fabien LUCE
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] quota excedeed

--On 2 March 2010 12:14:11 +0000 bisdiouf@??? wrote:

> Hello,
> I've many customers and it will busy the server and the execution won't be
> at time.

You may have no choice. Dovecot's Local Delivery Agent doesn't report quota
size when you're delivering email. You'll have to run a script to find out
the current usage. You can do this at delivery time (but it's complex), or
you can do this according to a cron schedule.

If you do it at delivery time, then you'll be adding more load at a time
when the server is busy. With a cron schedule, you can pick a typically
quiet time. And, you can even check the system load before proceeding. And,
you can serialise the accesses to keep the load down.

One thing that you could do is write the results to a file where Exim can
look them up. In this way, you can email the recipient when they get close
to the quota, but before you are unable to deliver email to them.