Re: [exim] Exim Consolidating users

Author: Jonathan Gilpin
To: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim Consolidating users

Jonathan Gilpin
Fluent Ltd
www.fluent.ltd.uk

On 21 Feb 2010, at 18:55, W B Hacker wrote:

> Jonathan Gilpin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If a mailbox exists of postmaster@??? with a catchall alias of *@ domain to that mailbox.
>>
>> If a message is sent to several users@??? then Exim only delivers one message to the Mailbox with multiple addresses in the Delivered-To or other headers..
>>
>> I want to stop this behaviour so that Exim does not deliver one message but a message to each of the recipients.
>>
>> Can this be done?
>>

>> Jonathan Gilpin
>> Fluent Ltd
>> www.fluent.ltd.uk

..snip...

> Some reading up on all this might serve you well...

Thanks... but I'm really looking for how to specifically do what I have asked, not to be told that I shouldnt be doing it at all.
There are some very important reasons why a catchall needs to be used here and even if I wasnt it wouldnt change that
exim recognises that two messages are being delivered to the same inbox, then it only delivers one message - So the question is,
is it possible to make Exim stop this behaviour?

Jonathan