Re: [exim] Automatically processing mail to a mailbox

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave Evans
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Automatically processing mail to a mailbox
On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 12:25:40PM +0000, Andrew.Stringer@??? wrote:
> Hi, although I don't have a pressing need at the moment, I was thinking
> this morning about how to send mail to an account and have a script run
> and take an action automatically. The trigger for this was that I get a
> mail from time to time which needs me to confirm a valid email address by
> following an html link.
> I would like to have this processed automatically, but I am unsure of the
> best way to proceed. I could have a script run periodically and look at
> the mail box designated for this and strip out the html link and follow it
> with wget, or maybe to try and set up a pipe which mail can be delivered
> to so a script would see the mail as input on std input.

There are drawbacks to automatic confirmation, of course: e.g. a spammer might
send you some sort of confirmation link.

Sounds like a strange thing to want to do, unless you really get a /lot/ of
those sorts of emails.

> Are either of these a good approach or is there a better way? My methods
> are not exim specific I think, but maybe exim can handle things directly?

Depending on your setup, procmail may be a good choice.

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/