[exim] Automatically processing mail to a mailbox

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andrew.Stringer
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Automatically processing mail to a mailbox
Hi, although I don't have a pressing need at the moment, I was thinking
this morning about how to send mail to an account and have a script run
and take an action automatically. The trigger for this was that I get a
mail from time to time which needs me to confirm a valid email address by
following an html link.
I would like to have this processed automatically, but I am unsure of the
best way to proceed. I could have a script run periodically and look at
the mail box designated for this and strip out the html link and follow it
with wget, or maybe to try and set up a pipe which mail can be delivered
to so a script would see the mail as input on std input.

Are either of these a good approach or is there a better way? My methods
are not exim specific I think, but maybe exim can handle things directly?

Regards,
Andrew.

Windows, for life without walls.
Linux, for life without Windows.