[exim] Issue with large mail queue

Author: Fernando Morgenstern
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Issue with large mail queue
Hello,

I am having some problems with exim and large mail queues ( running on
a Cpanel box ). Basically i have sent a message to all users of our
forum which caused the mail queue to go over 80,000.

My system has 7984MB of RAM with 7518MB free and my load average is:
0.00, 0.01, 0.05.

Looking at exim_mainlog, i see that messages are being processed but
it is really slow.

If i try to send a message that is stuck on queue, it is send in a few
seconds ( so they are not there because of invalid address or
temporary failure on external server ).

Do you have any recommendations of what should i check or what can i
change to improve exim performance and make it use all available
resources?

Regards,
---

Fernando Marcelo