Re: [exim] Issue with large mail queue

Author: Fernando Morgenstern
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Issue with large mail queue
Hello,

Thanks for your answer. This seems to have increased performance as
now the mail queue was reduced to 60.000 messages.

I am not sure if this is related to this change, but i noticed the
following entries on exim log:

2009-11-25 21:11:11 SMTP command timeout on connection from mailer
2009-11-25 21:11:11 SMTP command timeout on connection from mailer
2009-11-25 21:11:12 SMTP command timeout on connection from mailer

mailer is the user that runs the php script which is sending out the
email.

I already checked the exim manual and changed the option
smtp_receive_timeout to 15m ( which is a long time, in my opinion )
but it doesn't seem to fix the problem because after some minutes that
exim is running, these errors starts to appear again.

Also, as we are talking about a local script, timeout shouldn't be a
problem.

Is there anything else that could be causing this problem?

Thanks,

Fernando.