Re: [exim] Problem with system filter for outgoing mail

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem with system filter for outgoing mail
Marvin Ludwig <nospamformarvin@???> (Di 22 Sep 2009 15:51:29 CEST):
> Hello,
>
> I want to log outgoing mail by using the system filter, as it is
> described in some tutorials. Unfortunately the system filter is not
> even hit by outgoing mail. What could be the reason?

The system filter runs for mail received by your exim. If it runs. Do
you have some indication that it runs for some message at all?

If it is suitable for you depends on what you want to achive.

Reasons for not running:

    exim -bP all | grep system_filter

could give you some hint. If I'm not wrong, these settings do not have
any default, so it's up to you to set them.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -