Re: [pcre-dev] Help needed: PCRE for MySql under Windows XP …

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Andor Tóth
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Help needed: PCRE for MySql under Windows XP as an UserDefined Function (UDF)
On Wed, 2 Sep 2009, Andor T?th wrote:

> At first, many thanx to provide this great package. I could install it onto
> MySql with 10 minutes on Debian5.
> Fast and I really satisfied the performance.
>
> Here is the description helped me to install:
> http://www.mysqludf.org/lib_mysqludf_preg/index.php

I have added a note about this URL to the README file in the PCRE
distribution.

> The following problem is to create lib_mysql_preg.dll for Windows.

I am afraid I know nothing about Windows.

> Requirements
> Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition
> Windows Server 2003 Platform SDK

I do know that many Windows users use the cMake building process that is
supported by PCRE, and that it works with Visual Studio. If you have not
already done so, look at the comments in the file called NON-UNIX-USE.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel