[pcre-dev] Help needed: PCRE for MySql under Windows XP as a…

Author: Andor Tóth
To: pcre-dev
Subject: [pcre-dev] Help needed: PCRE for MySql under Windows XP as an User Defined Function (UDF)
Hello there...

At first, many thanx to provide this great package. I could install it onto
MySql with 10 minutes on Debian5.
Fast and I really satisfied the performance.

Here is the description helped me to install:
http://www.mysqludf.org/lib_mysqludf_preg/index.php

The only thing is what could be changed, before running the installdb.sql
you must copy all the three files from /usr/local/lib into /usr/lib.

Ok.

The following problem is to create lib_mysql_preg.dll for Windows.

Requirements
Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition
Windows Server 2003 Platform SDK

Installing them will open the doors of turture...

config.h.in has to be renamed config.h
pcre.h.in also

I changed the folowing in config.h
#define HAVE_STRERROR 1
#define HAVE_MEMMOVE 1

Preprocessor definition has to be filled with HAVE_CONFIG_H

but I can not manage the following message:

1>------ Build started: Project: pcre, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>pcre_maketables.obj : error LNK2005: _pcre_maketables already defined in
dftables.obj
1> Creating library D:\_Andor\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\pcre\Release\pcre.lib and object D:\_Andor\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\pcre\Release\pcre.exp
1>pcre_maketables.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_pcre_malloc
1>D:\_Andor\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\pcre\Release\pcre.exe : fatal error
LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\_Andor\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\pcre\pcre\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>pcre - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Would you please help me to get ahead?

Regards: