Re: [exim] blocking on failure of reverse_host_lookup

Top Pagina
Auteur: vitas1
Aan: exim users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] blocking on failure of reverse_host_lookup

> What are peoples thoughts on this?

Well I'm using the configuration that someone clever has suggested in this
list :-)

At Exim level I check the following things for connecting host: does it
have valid rDNS, does it offer valid HELO, is it listed in DNSBL (you may
also check for SPF etc).

If one of these checks is failed then message is greylisted. If it then
passes greylist it will be checked by SpamAssassin.

Otherwise host is assumed to be "valid" and a message is accepted.

So now I have a severely limited amount of spam from "valid" hosts (almost
always they are connecting from the same static IP's so it is easy to
blacklist them locally). But I've greatly decreased the amount of FP's!

WBR,

Vitas.